Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snow in Ashland

One inch of snow today and all the schools closed! Since we save all the snow for the higher elevations,  it disturbs everyone when it lingers!

All these years in Ashland,  I have never purchased boots!  But, last year, we all spent Christmas at Lake Tahoe in Nevada. . .so I broke down and purchased winter boots, with zippers and heavy linings which required two pair of double thick socks to fit my narrow feet! (reminiscent of shoe store days in Wakarusa, Indiana)  I went to Tahoe prepared!!  And last year and odd thing happened - no snow at Tahoe!  The mountains were bare!!!  Only artificial snow for skiing!  So, I didn't get to wear my new $40 boots!  This morning,  I was delighted to see the snow and rushed to put my new boots on to be sure they still fit my narrow feet!  And as you can see, my brand new boots are great with my Oregon Shovel!  The push broom is all we have to remove this enormous snow fall.  I have refused to purchase any snow removal equipment and seldom have to drag out this broom.  And yes,  there is still snow on the ground this evening! but most has melted on the roads at our elevation.  But if you coming to visit from California,  you'd better have chains for your car or fly in between storms!  Just maybe,  we'll have some snow left for Christmas!

No comments: