Monday, April 14, 2008

Coming Rebate Checks

Who isn't concerned with high gas prices???? And who isn't looking forward to the nice rebate checks that we're supposed to receive soon? I've been concerned about gasoline prices for several years now and my wife, is getting tired of me suggesting that our brilliant legislators should eliminate the gasoline tax for a fixed period of time to give us all immediate relief! Finally after several years of bellyaching to her, I've heard several commentators suggest the same thing. But, alas, it is much more economical to mail us all rebate checks that will cost us, the tax payers, several million dollars to process and mail the 30 million checks! The simplicity of eliminating the gas tax to start immediately. . .2 years ago. . .would have given us all a financial boost along with a boost in confidence in our government. . .a boost they desperately need! Now they would like our applaud for their great benevolence in giving back to us what they have already taken from us! I will however, accept the check, if we get one, and shake my head all the way to the bank.

No comments: